Bound Balens are the new currency, introduced in patch 2.1 on November 6, 2013 to replace Vouchers. All Vouchers in a player's possession were converted to Bound Balens at a 20:1 ratio (20 Vouchers into 1 Bound Balen). Bound Balens are not to be confused with true Balens which are purchased with real-world currency. But they do serve the same function. In some, but not all, situations where a purchase or upgrade requires Balens, an option may be provided to use Bound Balens first.
Obtaining Bound BalensEdit
Bound Balens may be obtained in the following situations:
- Guild Altar Spin: +2, +4, +6, +8, or 10 Bound Balens
- Mystery Box from Multiplayer Dungeons: +2 Bound Balens
- Mystery Box from Campaign: +3 Bound Balens
- Spire Chest reward: +2 Bound Balens
- 17 check-ins per month: +100 Bound Balens
- 26 check-ins per month: +200 Bound Balens
- Arena Duel rewards: +1 or +2 Bound Balens
- Bound Balens Card from catching a Wild Fish in Fishing Campaign: the amount is equal to whatever multiplier a fish has at a certain level (for example at lv 10 bounty scroll fish gives bounty scrolls x2 if i were to struggle with this fish and ask for help i would recieve bound balensx2)
- Bound Balens Card from helping catch a Wild Fish in Fishing campaign: Bound Balens
- Map clearing bonus: Lv1-20 (60) lv20-30(120) lv30-40(180) lv40-50(240) lv 50-60(300) lv60-70(360)
- Bouquet from wedding up to 24 of them from collecting one bouquet
- from donating Balens to bride and groom which converts to bound balens
- Sylph atoll tresure chest(defend sylph atoll event)
- Underground chest(UNDERGROUND PALACE)
|Map Name||Map Level Range||Clearing Reward|
|Autaric Plains||1 - 20||60|
|Murkan Forest||20 - 30||120|
|Fetid Swamp||30 - 40||180|
|Deathly Sands||40 - 50||240|
|Erandel||50 - 60||300|
|The Demon Void||60 - 70||360|
|Immortal Pass||70 - 80||450|
Bound Balens can be used to buy items in the Mystery Shop and the Shop excluding Hot Items, VIP, Spirit Covenant, and those things included in Spirit Covenant.
They may also be used for:
- Speeding up cooldowns
- Training Mount without a Mount Training Whip.
- Upgrading Sylphs without Mahra.
- Learning new Sylph skills in new slot.
- Upgrading Farm land.
- Purchasing additional attack buff at World BOSS.
- Unlocking Inventory spaces.
- Unlocking Star Inventory spaces in Astro.
- Accelerating revival at World BOSS fights.
- Purchasing steps and revive attempts in the underground palace.
- Spinning the Wheel of Fate.
They cannot be used for:
- Refining Runes.
- Open the 25-balen event drops packs such as Colorful Decor, Lost Gift, Goodluck card.